Friday 21 May 2010

190kg and such

Grrr... I had a large post written and my laptop crashed.  Irritating.  Still, no point trying to recreate it, just have to start again*

So, this morning woke up and knew it was going to be a hot day, the beads of sweat on my body telling me so.

Shun came over and we trained, did a half mile run, then the 175m hill for 3 sprints.

Then padwork on the Thai pads.  3 X 4 minute rounds.  First round was technical, second round was fast and power based, third round was random pad position and movement with counter attacks.  1 minute rest between each round. Hard, hard session and by the end me and Shun were soaked through with sweat from the heat.

Then breakfast.  I had been intending to go to Kobudo, but I was so exhausted from the workout that I gave it a miss and recuperated till 11, then a cycle to the post office, then a jaunt to the Budokan.

Weight on arrival: 103.4k
Mobility warm up

Bench mark: Push ups 10 (elbow and wrist still battered), Pull ups 9, Chin ups 3, HLR 10, Dips 8, Hanging lat raises 10

Deadlift
70k x 5, 100k x 5, 130k x 1, 140k x 1, 150k x 1, 160k x 1, 170k x 1, 180k x 1, 185k x 1, 190k x 1!
Boo YAH!

Pull up 4

Biceps (21 protocol) 20k x 36, 40k x 15, 50k x 4

Dips 5

Weight at end: 102.6

Cycle to get some food.

I also had some more in the post about changes in my body, but I'll write that tomorrow now.

*That's a Waltons reference

2 comments:

  1. Dig deep, Big fella, we gotta set the benchmark for the next set of Fudoshin students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai Sempai! Did you have fun at the Birmingham show?

    ReplyDelete