Sunday 9 May 2010

Cool things

Okay, so I'm not going to write about Japanese culture in this one.
I am going to write about cool pieces of training equipment.

1) Makiwara.  We've installed one in the garden.

2) Taketaba, which is the bamboo bundle thing.

3) Plastic drain pipe.

Which one is the odd one out?

The Plastic pipe, it doesn't condition your body, it makes you feel better.  Honestly.  Go invest in one, only needs to be a metre long.  You put it on the ground and then you lie across is like a foam roller and you roll out all the knots in your back.  I started using one yesterday and I'm already feeling looser and I found the knot on my back that was causing my shoulder trouble.  Even better than rolling out the knots is relaxing into the pipe, just feeling your back slowly click as pressure is relieved.  Painful, but good pain.

This is my equipment recommendation of the year.  Buy one, use it, feel better!

And get better posture.

Yeah, posture, that thing I'm just not designed for.  Well, I am designed for it, just that my posture is fairly caveman like.  But I am improving, pulling shoulder blades back, using that drain pipe.  Already feeling the benefits.  This is the thing about being here, the chance to do all those training things I never really bothered to make time for back in the UK.  Notice I didn't say that I had no time, I did have time, but I used it on Call of Duty, or other gym work.

So, goals...

I said before that I intend to hit the 200kg dead lift mark.

I also intend to be able to do 100 push ups in one sitting.  That's a big goal.

And weigh 100kg.

Those are my 3 current goals, we'll see how they pan out.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with them three goals, gonna buy me a piece of drainpipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the goals, all achievable, and I know you will achieve them. The question is...
    "Are they Maintainable?"


    The answer is...
    "Of course,Yes! For as long as you want them to be."

    ReplyDelete