Wednesday 12 May 2010

Hammock day

Today is a hammock day.

It's warm out so I'm going to sit in a hammock and read today.  Do some writing, some thinking, but generally chill.

Last night was a good Jujitsu session, we revised a few techniques and then looked at the illusion of safety most knife techniques give you.  Playing around with James we managed to find quite a good technique that has play over into other areas.  We taped it and it should be up on James' blog at some point.

Body is feeling it today though, hence having a chill day.  I'll go for a walk later, stretch out, do some movement drills and then karate tonight.

Figure, as I'm not writing about training, to write about something else, so... Japanese TV.

I've watched a fair bit of kids' TV of late, if only to try and learn some Japanese (liar, I hear you cry) and I do have difficulty telling the difference between a cartoon title sequence and an actual cartoon.  There's this one I've seen a few times about these kind of anthropomorphic construction machines that sing a song.  It looks like a title sequence for a cartoon, but it is in fact the whole cartoon.

Gets me every time.

Also watched a TV show called Giant Killers.  An Anime Cartoon.  Guess what it's about?




Yeah, a football team.
Tokyo metropolitan football team. There's the young manager who needs to prove himself against a doubting board.  There's players arguing.  There's an emotional Spanish player who's always angry; there's a new French player.  Randomly, there's also some weird old French man who turned up, spoke English to the manager and told him that he wanted to support him in the style of football he wanted to do.  Ended on a bit of a cliff hanger.  Don't know whether to trust that old French guy.  

Japanese adverts are also very, very strange.  Lot's of smiling people and, as far as I can tell, very little obvious link to the product that's being advertised.  Maybe that's the point.

Oh, and they love Tommy Lee Jones.

He's the Boss!

Anyway, my hammock is calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment