Tuesday 25 May 2010

I'm a moron

Okay, so I'm a moron.

Yesterday I went off on the moped, James' one, down to the Budokan.  James was battered to hell from the sumo and so I took the class, getting myself there on the moped.  So brave was I, I spent the first 10 minutes of the journey at 10km, edging up slowly to, eventually, the dizzy heights of 30km!  Wow, yeah.

And I took a wrong turn on the way there, which meant waaay more road time.  Sigh.

Anyway, beneath the seat is a place where you can lock valuables.  Bear this in mind a when I saw saw it my first thought was: DO NOT PUT THE KEYS IN THERE!!!

Anyway... a good lesson looking at the clinch and playing with it.  Finished off with some ground work and I felt very mobile and strong, way more mobile than I've ever felt on the ground, so YAY!

Then we leave.  I buy a can of drink, we chat and everyone's like, "you okay driving?" to which I reply, "yeah".

Mistake number 1.

Mistake number 2 was getting hung up on where to put my drink trash and placing my keys in the storage area whilst I removed the helmet.  I then slammed the seat down.

Mistake number 3 was that the seat didn't shut totally so I paused, thinking, "where did I put my keys?" before slamming it down hard.

I then knew where I had left my keys.

And my wallet.

And my phone.

And everyone else had gone into the darkness.

I got a cab back, got James to pay, then we headed back to the Budokan to break into the bike.  Yeah, no spare keys.  So there we are with a few sets of screw drivers breaking into a bike. Can we do it?  Can we fuck.

But James has his hilux so we're able to stick the moped in the back and drive it home.  Today James went back to the mechanic he bought it from who told him a really easy way to break into the moped, which he did and now I have my stuff back!  YAY!

So, outcome is that

a) I have a funny story
b) James is shocked at how easily it is to break into the moped if you know what you're doing so he's putting nothing of value in there ever again.

Maybe the whole thing was a funny way of someone looking out for me.  Maybe If I'd have driven back at night I'd be tarmac meat.  Or not.  Who knows?

Training today was a circuit:

Short hill sprint
Burpee, spring, jog, 1-5

30k circuit

Deadlift x 5
Clean x 5
Split snatch x 6
Front squat x 5
Military press x 5
Burpee bicep x 5

Completed it twice (hard, the split snatch is a killer)

10 x sandbag twists, 10 sandbag places, 10 sandbag throws
Rest
15 x sandbag twists, 10 sandbag places, 10 sandbag throws
10 Twist throws x 2
10 Overhead slams
Sandbag weighs 20k

Tanren with 8lb sledgehammer  - 10 R/L, 10L/R, 4 helicopters a side

Makiwara Punches + knife hands

6 Pull ups, legs straight
6 HLR, going for height
5 Pull ups

Spent the rest of the day writing.

Karate tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment