Tuesday 11 May 2010

Ouch

Well, after yesterday's long one, a short one.

I'm in pain.

Yesterday's training was Escrima drills (learnt from internet, I know, I know... but it's somethign to doa nd it is hard for me) and stretching and drain pipe rolls for back.

Went to Karate last night, had fun, did well. Now have 3 katas and learnt an interesting massage trick from the Sensei.  He's a qualified masseuse and, now that he's retired, he uses that as a pocket money job.  I'm going to see what else I can learn from him.  He's called Arakaki Sensei and, martial arts being the small world that it is, his first karate teacher was the guy who taught George Dillman.  Or who Dillman claims taught him all his pressure point stuff.

http://www.dillman.com/

Yeah, no touch knock out guy.
Humm...

Anyway, woke up his morning and went for run with James and Shun.  2 miler.  My left heel was playing up a bit but I bit down and got on with it.

I've taken to naming the hills around here, there's The Widow Maker (short and super steep), The Bastard (long and steep) and today we ran The Dragon.  Why's it called The Dragon?  Because it makes you burn!
Seriously, 700m of hill, starting at 30 degree gradient and working on up to 45 degree.  Little Japanese cars were passing us with their engines screaming.  Hell, I was nearly screaming.  Got to the top and my right calve totally cramped up.  Agony.
Hobbled back and we each did 10 minutes on the Thai pads.  Just punching, but God those pads are heavy.

Movement was good, but I was tired quick and my little finger on my right hand was playing up (I borderline dislocated the last digit a few days ago, it went all purple and swollen, now it's just swollen and sore).  My elbows are getting nasty, which is nice and my shoulders still feel loose.

Rest of today is going to be reading, writing and relaxing.  I'll go for a walk later and then we have jujitsu tonight!  Woop!  I have some ideas for things to try...

If my legs stop burning.

1 comment:

  1. Liking your training regime...Cassiobury Park is gonna seem like a doddle after this.

    ReplyDelete