Wednesday 19 May 2010

Pain

It has been a hard week on my legs.  Karate last night loosened them up a little (and it was so hot in that dojo, proper sweat though gi weather), but this morning they were in agony. 

Not that it mattered, Shun turned up and we trained.

40 metre hill sprints at 45 degree incline. 
Burpee, sprint, jog back, then 2 burpess... up to 10.

Then 10 minutes on Thai pads each, then 2 minutes on heavy bag.  We were dripping sweat by the end, but my punches felt good and what I'd learnt from Yoghi was clearly sinking in. 

Breakfast and I nearly fell asleep, but dragged myself to the Budokan (legs burning, and with my bo staff, which looked fairly comical) for two hours of Kobudo. 

The bo kata of this particular form is utterly different from the bo kata I'd already learnt, and the movements and power generation mechanisms are very alien to me.  But I worked and worked and worked and, at the end, I still did not know the kata.  But I do have a vague understanding of what I should be doing and how to practice.  We also had a fifteen minute side lesson on good punching and kicking, which was great.  Watch out punch bag! 

Actually, on a side note, the knuckles of my right hand are pretty much permanently bruised these days.  I don't really notice it anymore, so the makiwara must be working.

Eventually it was home, shower, eat and then hammock! 

I feel better after it, but I will need some more down time tomorrow.  My body is rebelling a bit and needs some off time, so that's what Thursdays are for! 

Also, finished Meditations on Violence, amazing book. 

Jujitsu tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment