Wednesday 19 May 2010

Rest

I'm taking today off.  

I haven't really had an off day since I've come to Okinawa and my body is now demanding an off day.  Both my wrists ache (heavy bag, makiwara), my right knuckles are fairly bruised, my legs are tired, my feet hurt (running, heavy bag), my left elbow is agony (I fluffed a left hand no hands break fall last night), so one day off won't hurt.  

I'm going to go for a walk to the shops in a minute and get some food and that'll be the exercise for today.  

I don't know if I'll cope.  

In other news, last night was fun, we revised headlock defences, grab defences and went through the knife stuff again.  Teaching a technique is so revealing: when someone else is doing it and they cant quite do it, you really need to break it down and analyse it.  I'll be honest, a lot of the knife techniques we've come up with work because my body makes them work, because of how I move naturally.  But just because something works for you (because you subconsciously move that way) doesn't mean that other people will be able to just do it.  

Teaching is hard.

Anyway, food calls!

For the rest of the week...

Friday's going to be running at 6, Kobudo at 9, Deadlifting at 12.

Sat will be a Karate Black Belt grading, which will be fun to watch.  

Sunday will be Okinawan Sumo!  

Humm... I may need to carb load...

No comments:

Post a Comment